High-performance road/track brake discs coming soon for popular 4WD hot hatch
Back in early 2021, EBC Brakes was proud to be one of the first aftermarket braking companies to offer high-performance pad upgrades for the acclaimed Toyota GR Yaris.
The Northampton-based firm is now expanding on this range with the introduction of EBC Brakes Racing’s stunning fully floating two-piece discs for the front axle of these much-loved sporty hatchbacks – a product that will be available very soon.
A 356x28mm version of EBC’s two-piece floating disc that can be bolted directly on to the front axle of all Toyota GR Yaris models, the product offers impressive braking performance and longevity, especially when driven hard on road and track.
With the GR Yaris already being hailed as one of the most rewarding driver cars of the decade, this upgrade is a valuable addition to the EBC Brakes Racing range.
This disc will fit the front axle of the following vehicle:
Toyota GR Yaris (2020- )
– EBC’s 356x28mm two-piece fully floating discs are a simple bolt-on upgrade that seamlessly replace the original two-piece discs without vehicle modification.
– Fully floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, totally eliminating disc warping.
– Grooved discs allow the pad to vent without the potential for disc cracking.
– Race-derived G3500-grade high-carbon cast iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then radiate heat.
– Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodised for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
– Cast iron friction rings feature 48 curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake disc’s ability to radiate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
– Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the disc continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
– Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake disc rattle.
– Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the aluminium bell and stainless-steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.
Part Number: SG2F024
Product Type: Two-piece fully floating brake disc