High-performance road/track component application list now updated to cater for more popular vehicles
EBC Brakes Racing’s acclaimed two-piece fully floating discs are now available for many more significant vehicle applications.
The Northampton-based firm has expanded on its range so the high-performance component is now available for the likes of the Audi RSQ3 (8U), various Mercedes AMG models, the Mk3 Renault Megane RS, as well as more of VW-Audi Group’s popular MQB Platform of vehicles.
With many of the vehicles in question designed to be driven sportingly on both road and track, these applications prove to be a valuable addition to the EBC Brakes Racing range of products.
Suitable for the front axles of various vehicles, including:
Product Number SG2FC1877
– Various additional models from the VW-Audi Group MQB Platform, including the VW Golf GTI (Mk8), T-Roc R and Tiguan R
Product Number SG2F011
– Audi RSQ3 (8U)
Product Number SG2FC2166
– Various Mercedes-Benz AMG models, including the A45 AMG, GLA45 AMG and CLA45 AMG
Product Number SG2FC1864
– RenaultSport Megane RS (Mk3)
– EBC’s two-piece fully floating discs are usually a simple bolt-on upgrade that seamlessly replace the original brake discs without significant vehicle modification.
– EBC’s SG2F fully floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, totally eliminating disc warping.
– Discs are grooved to allow the pad to vent, without disc holes becoming epicentres for disc cracking.
– Race-derived G3500-grade high-carbon cast iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then radiate heat.
– Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodised for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
– Cast iron friction rings feature 48 curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake disc’s ability to radiate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
– Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the disc continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
– Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake disc rattle.
– Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the aluminium bell and stainless-steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.